Businesses with effective emergency response plans are better able to mitigate the impact of disaster and continue business operations.
Key elements of business preparedness
- Prepare or obtain office first aid and emergency kits
- Arrange for sufficient food, water and sanitation
- Develop and practice facility evacuation routes
- Develop business communications plans and meeting points
- Understand facility utility shut-off and facility hazard avoidance
- Safe storage of business, insurance and other vital records
Local resources for disaster planning
- Business disaster planning and preparedness is a strategic priority of the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce. The mission of the Ready Carlsbad Business Alliance (RCBA) is to promote business emergency preparedness, continuity of operations and community recovery through services, education programs and cooperative partnerships. Contact the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce for information about the Ready Carlsbad Business Alliance at (760) 931-8400 or the City of Carlsbad Emergency Preapredness Manager at (760) 931-2137.
- ReadySanDiego Business Alliance - A partnership between area businesses and the San Diego County Office of Emergency Services.
- ReadySanDiego - Partner Connection
- Ready Carlsbad Business Alliance
When large-scale emergency incidents occur in Carlsbad and neighboring areas, local businesses are encouraged to visit Carlsbad’s Emergency Information page, as well as other resources, to stay informed.